OFSTED is the Office for Standards in Education, Children’s Services and Skills. They inspect services providing education and skills for learners of all ages. They also inspect and regulate services that care for children and young people.
OFSTED’s role is to make sure that organisations providing education, training and care services in England do so to a high standard for children and students.
TCCL was rated as a ‘Good’ nursery at our OFSTED inspection in December 2017. Quotes from the inspection include:
- Children and babies are well supported when they start in the nursery. Staff gather information from parents to help them provide the right learning environment for children and continuity of care. This helps children settle quickly and feel secure.
- Parents are kept well informed about all aspects of their children’s care, learning and development. Parents are very complimentary about the nursery and comment on the positive impact staff have on their children.
- Staff understand that each child is unique. They ensure that interesting resources and activities are available for children and babies, indoors and outdoors.
- The provider and manager gather accurate information about the progress made by individuals and groups of different children. They use this information successfully to identify where extra support is needed to raise children’s attainment in areas such as mathematics and literacy.
- Children form positive relationships with staff and their friends. They are well behaved, polite and share and take turns with toys as they play alongside each other.
You can access the full inspection report via this link:
TCCL Day Nursery works under the umbrella of the national Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS, 2014), which is guided by four themes:
You can learn more about the EYFS at the following website: